Monday, November 24, 2008

A Girly Bulletin Board

My husband's had this bulletin board for over 25 years. Have I mentioned he has a hard time throwing things away. It's a standard bulletin board - not quite special enough to hang in a little girl's room.



I had lots of scraps of fabric and ribbon left over from previous projects.



Add in a little inspiration from her and her.



Now this bulletin board is all dressed up!

I sprayed the whole board with a couple coats of Rust-Oleum's Sweet Pea. I cut four strips of base ribbon to use for each side of the board, and then tied and tied until my little fingers could take no more!

I hot glued each "ragamuffin garland" on to the board. (If I knew how, I would use that little "c" symbol here to indicate that term may be copyrighted by the Nester).



Finally, I tweaked and fluffed it until I was satisfied. I did have to go back in and add a little to the corners. Now I'm off to make some push pins worthy enough to call this girly bulletin board home.

13 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

OH MY GOSH. That is PRECIOUS!!! Great work, mama!

Cathy said...

That's adorable! My nieces would love it.

The Nester said...

YOU did a great job!

I love it--it makes me so happy to see everyone coming up with all of these great ideas!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is a fabulous idea! I'll be linking.

Allie said...

You are just amazing! That is absolutely adorable!

Jennie said...

GET OUT!!!

Kimba said...

You are awesome! I love it!

Kathleen W. said...

That's adorable! And I love your crafty resourcefulness!

Going Crunchy said...

Love it! I have a board for both my guys and they love seeing their current art projects up on them. Shan

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

How cute! I love this!!

Shilo said...

What a great idea!

Arlene said...

How cute is that?! I will definitely be filing this away for future reference (I don't think my son or husband would like me to make this right now, lol).

Melissa said...

Love it!! I have covered bulletin boards in fabric and made them cute(r), but I love the idea of using the ragamuffin garland! I may incorporate this into my studio.